Monday, June 29, 2009

School Update

In thinking about all my travels in my last post, I forgot to mention school. I have taught a total of 6 whole-class lessons in the school and have done a few sessions of tutoring for literacy (reading and writing).

On Wednesday we had Greek day where all of us Year 6 teachers and year 6 students dressed up in Greek outfits, togas for most of us but some of the outfits were really well done. The kids got to make pottery, masks, see some real Greek artifacts, have our own olympics, and all the while were divided up into different city-states in which they could earn points for their city-state. In the end, Sparta got first with Athens in a close second.

On Thursday, in the afternoon, all of us Year 6 student teachers taught our students baseball. It was an interesting experience and the kids really enjoyed it. I'm going to post all the pictures of these days as well as those from the previous post on my flickr page as soon as I can so keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment