Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cardiff Days 2 and 3

This particular day we had all planned out. We took a waterbus from the bay area to the city centre where we took a tour of Cardiff Castle. From there we had lunch at McDonald's then walked to the Cardiff Museum. Afterwards we did a bit of shopping--or rather the girls went shopping and I kind of sat around--then we headed back to the bay area for dinner at Eddie's American Diner.

Then we parted ways for the night again.

The following morning we went bowling, one of our group members was adamant about that, and we walked to the train station and left.



Waterbus after arriving at the city centre.



Cardiff Castle Clock Tower



Cardiff Castle Living Quarters



At McDonald's for lunch



This is actually a guy and not a statue. Street performers like this are really interesting. You toss a coin into their bowl and they react. This particular guy interacted with whomever put a coin in his bowl. Sometimes he shook your hand, for girls he spun them around like they were dancing, etc.



This is an actual Monet painting, found in the Cardiff museum.



Eddie's American Diner in the Cardiff bay area.




Next post I will talk about my weekend here in Liverpool. I went on the Fab Four Taxi Tour (Beatles) and spent two days in the Liverpool City Centre.

Also, please please please stop asking me to post pictures. I only post a select few here on my blog but I post ALL my photos, with very apt descriptions on my Flickr page. There is a link to the right of the page but also here:

1 comment:

  1. Will- Can't wait to hear about your Fab Four Tour! Sounds fun! ( I dragged Uncle Bill and all your cousins on the Graceland tour- & Uncle Bill thought I would be just happy driving by!)
    Did you get to tour inside the castles. Cardiff Castle looks amazing. I loved visiting the castles in France when I was in Europe.

    We saw a "Living' statue like that in New Orleans. He was amazing. He barely moved for hours!
    SOunds like you are having quite an adventure.

    Love, Aunt Isobel

    ReplyDelete